Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You

"You" refers to three individuals, actually. Three individuals in my life that have both given me a lot, and then we kind of fell apart.
I met you years ago, online. And we taught each other a lot, but we were both young. I was the immature one, and I still regret some of the things that I've said. I wish that I had the strength to really tell you what our friendship meant, but now I think it's too late. I could try and resurrect it with you, but you're getting ready to go to college. There wouldn't be a lot of point, in my eyes.
You're going on fine without me. I don't want to hold you back.

I still see you often, although not as often as I used to. Even less than I did seven months ago. Now you're with a really cool guy, and I hope for the best for you two, even though he'll probably be going on his mission in a year or two. Unlike me. I still think about you, but lately it's more or less in the back of my mind, just remembering funny things we said or did. I'm just grateful for having gotten to know you a little bit better.

And then there's you. You still raise a bunch of angry feelings inside me. I keep thinking that I'm "over" you, but there are so many things about you that rub off on me wrong. You lied to me. Not only to me, but to everyone we talked to. You lied to yourself, and you've buried what I know YOU KNEW to be TRUTH deep inside you so your squealing conscience--which you buried and have now killed off--would shut up and give you "peace". I still remember your middle name. I have a knack for remembering middle names, for some reason, and you, you annoying little smudge, are a stain on my memory. I can't say I hate you. But I definitely hate what you've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment