Friday, September 28, 2012

Courage Wolf is my spirit animal

Every time I see a meme that fits my attitude--which is a lot of them--I get this urge to pump my fist and yell "YEAH!!!" really loudly.
No regrets. Here are my top 5:








Each one strongly reminds me of the attitude I had to garner to battle my addictions. There are no excuses on the battlefield of addiction. Excuses are weak.

 You do the work regardless of where you are and what circumstances you're under. You're tired? Too bad, you do the work anyway. You read anyway. You pray anyway. You work out anyway. Otherwise, you're letting Satan win. Because every second you don't align yourself with God, you're drifting away from Him.
You think addictions are bad? You're right. They are. They're horrible, damaging, and they suck. You know what's worse but will ultimately help you? Getting the attitude that you need to survive. To win. Saying to yourself, "Either I do this, or I lose". There is no "Oh maybe I will win if I don't study my scriptures", because going through over a year of Sons of Helaman, there is a 300% chance that you won't win if you don't read.
Every SINGLE time I have seen someone confess to losing, they also admitted that they either hadn't read or prayed that day. You lose to an addiction when you're not close to God. The point of overcoming an addiction is to forge a relationship with God. It's all about God. It's about you getting back to Him. That's why we're here. God's ultimate purpose is to "bring to pass the eternal life of man", which He can't do unless we have a relationship with Him.
Most else is excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment