There is no pride in depression. It is not a call for help.
I wish I could hug the hurt away. I'm so frustrated! I am just a man, just a boy really, and she has to go through all of this.
Of course I'm talking about Buggie. She's my best friend. I love her dearly. And I hate this. I want it to pass already.
But if I can't handle her when she's sad, how dare I ever hope to be around her when she's happy? Who am I to say to someone "I only love you when we're both happy"? How dare I ever tell someone that my love is circumstantial? Isn't that a part of what makes me a Christian? My unconditional love? The stubborn ever-lasting love that Christ and God have for each and every one of us?
I will do whatever I can to help her. Even if that means staying silent.
No comments:
Post a Comment