ok. time to get controversial i don’t mean to be, but i feel like i need to say something over the topic of Abortion, and any opinion on the matter draws criticism.I feel like this is an example of how selfish society has gotten. We are now a generation of I deserve this, I want this, I don’t want this …I believe that there is a God. You can debate it all you want, but in the end, you cannot physically disprove God just like you cannot physically prove God exists. (I believe the reason for this is because we are supposed to exercise faith, and faith is the belief in something that is unseen, but is true.) If God showed himself to Man now, we wouldn’t need to have faith, but then we would be more accountable for our actions and God does not want to send all of his children to Hell. thats a topic I can discuss more in a later blog post. Back to Abortion.Since i believe that there is a God, I believe that everyone on earth are His children. We are commanded to multiply and replenish the earth (meaning get married and have children). Anything that gets in the way of this commandment is seen as an abomination by the Lord. (Which probably explains why the church is against same sex marriage). Abortion is another thing that violates this command as these unborn children are taken away prematurely from earth. Now I don’t know when a spirit enters a body and when the child can be considered that, but from photos I have seen of unborn children, they sure take human form pretty early on. Also any mother will tell you that their child could move around and kick them before birth. Also, the methods used to Abort babies seem pretty inhumane to me, and would be considered torture to a human that is alive already.I feel Abortion reflects the selfishness of society. I read constantly on tumblr on how Abortion is a Woman’s issue only, and the government should not tell them what they can and cannot do. While I agree the government should not intervene in all of our daily activities, if an unborn baby is a living thing, than what if it does qualify as a child. In many states now, if you kill a mother and her unborn child, you can be charged with two counts of murder. Do we see people protesting that law? But if the mother wants to take a life away, its ok. Also, the only way to get pregnant in the first place is to have a man around too, so that immediately makes abortion an issue for men too. If people would stop sleeping around then we wouldn’t need abortions in the first place. Its as simple as that.You can laugh all you want at my beliefs, but if what I said is about my beliefs in God are true, (as i truly do believe) then one day you will remember you laughed at this, and by then you very well may regret that. It’s not my job to punish anyone or condemn them. I’ll let the big man do that instead. At least He is loving and will give you a good chance to explain your actions to Him.
I can understand why the woman would want to abort in the case of rape or incest. Or if the mother’s life is threatened by it, or if the child has very little chance of surviving birth. I understand those. But by any means of consensual sex, we at least as latter-day saints are commanded “not to kill, nor do anything like unto it”. The entire purpose of being here is to come to God and become more than we were before. We can’t even begin that process unless we are born in the first place. Pregnancy is the natural consequence of having sex.
I agree that the government shouldn’t interfere with our lives, and I simultaneously agree while keeping fully in mind that I am not a girl, I will never have a period, and I will never give birth, but that as a society we are not a moral people anymore. If we are not a moral people, we are an immoral people, having gone back to the state of the natural man, who is the enemy to God. If the pure love of God is charity, then the enemy to charity would be selfishness. Selfishness that, I believe, is becoming even more noticeable every day.
Despite common belief, there IS a pill for men that allows them to have sex without getting anyone pregnant. However, I’d notice that most of the issues we face nowadays wouldn’t even be relevant if we were still a moral people as a whole.
As for same-sex marriage, I’d agree. And also further state that same-sex marriage has no place in God’s eternal plan. Without being sealed to a spouse of the opposite gender, you will not be able to progress. Often the argument is “love is love”, and, while true, the law is higher than love, and God’s law has said that two people of the same gender or opposite genders should not have sex before marriage, and two people of the same gender should not have sex at all. God and God’s law does not bow before social customs, no matter how unpopular they may be. Just as heterosexual couples are still called to repent for having sex before marriage, homosexual couples will still be called to repent, for multiple reasons. Sex with persons of the same gender is fornication, and will always be held under condemnation to God. Same gender couples do not have a place in God’s eternal plan, and they will not be married in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment