Which is saying something - I am one.
Where has anyone ever said that slut shaming was okay? Or that it was okay to mock drugees? To my knowledge, in no scripture has it ever said "love everyone, but mock the fornicators, for they are not worthy of my love". That's what God's love IS. It's stubborn. Infinite. Beautiful. Never-ending. Always present.
So why do some people think it's okay to mock those that are living that kind of lifestyle?
It's like calling people "gay". It's stupid and offensive. Does being gay make us less worthy of God's love?
I know a few people that have had premarital sex before they converted to the Church. Are they still sluts? Or do you need a reminder of what the Atonement IS?
“42 Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.” - Doctrine and Covenants, 58:42
Shaming someone over things that they did before they converted is not okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment